We feel glad to share our experience of Annapurna Base Camp Trek and describe it as the finest trekking in the moderate trip category in Nepal. Ten thousand trekkers around the globe enjoy this incredible excursion every year, except thousands of domestic trekkers. It is suitable for family trekkers, short-stay trekkers, and mild adventure lovers that offer magnificent Himalayan views and the surrounding landscape.
If you want to compare the trek with another trekking package in Nepal, it will be a tough task as the trek is a dynamic trip with abundant attractions. The Himalayan sceneries look extremely impressive, you will be escorted to the base of the world's 10th tallest peak, experience the ethnic hospitality, and enjoy nice accommodations throughout the trekking trail.
Walking through the rhododendron woods, terraced hillside, and the stone steps with the 'Resham Firiri Resham Firiri' song is a lifetime experience. No worry about the height as the ultimate altitude is 4130 meters you can do it without previous trekking experience.
The setting of Annapurna Base Camp at 4130 meters looks like the destination of a fairy tale, which is incredibly fantastic. It is surrounded by the soaring pinnacles of Annapurna I, Fishtail (6993 meters), Himchuli (6441 meters), and Annapurna South (7219 meters). Thus, it is aptly called a natural amphitheater. In winter, the ABC offers the impression of snow heaven.
There are various trial options according to your time management. So, the trek can be finished in a week from Pokhara- Short ABC Trek or you want to enjoy 10 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek, it's your choice. The second option escorts you through the rhododendron woods of Poon Hill Trail. Of course, the breathtaking sunrise view over the Himalayan peaks will be waiting for you on this route.
While trekking downhill, do not miss enjoying the natural hot spring bath at Jhinu, which is much more healing and your tiredness will be swept away. If you want to explore the Gurung town of Ghandruk, the trek can be extended there, and drive back to Pokhara.
Major Highlights of the ABC Trek
- Get the closest views of the incredible Himalayan vistas- Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, and Dhaulagiri
- Walk through the enchanting trail inside the rhododendron woods
- Explore the ethnic towns of Gurung and Magar people, experience the wonderful hospitality
- Be in the naturally located Himalayan amphitheater
- Get free from tiredness with a magnificent experience of a natural hot spring at Jhinu
The best time to do Annapurna Base Camp trekking?
- This is all about your choice. But, there are basically three major seasons, especially for this trekking.
- The trekking season begins in March-April and ends in May before the monsoon. The weather will be clear, the views will be incredible and the temperature will be amazing.
- The second season begins in September, which is the ending season of Monsoon. It continues to October and ends in November. The features of the trek will be similar to the above-mentioned in terms of weather and views.
- Except for these two major peak seasons, ABC Trekking in Winter is much more delightful to be honest, if you simply can handle the snow. You will hardly be able to stay without praising the trail and the Himalayan surroundings for a single moment. This is just a wow experience.
Food and Accommodation
Typical Nepali food (Dal Bhat) rice/curry/lentil, momo: chowmin, soup, pizza, chapatti, and many more food menus are available in the trekking. You do not need to worry about food, they are hygienic, fresh, and hot deals.
Clean and basic accommodations are available on the trek to ABC. Some of the lodges/hotels offer attached bathrooms and almost all the lodges have warm dining halls.
Two types of paper works are essential for the trek:
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project entry permit
About Guide and Porter
Nepal Kameleon Holidays recommends you take the assistance of a guide and if you are in a group, trek with a guide and porters. This makes your trek absolutely amazing with the information about local culture along with the geography. You can feel safe and at the same time, you are giving jobs to the local manpower.
For more details, please feel free to contact Nepal Kameleon Holidays via:
WhatsApp/Phone: +977 9851159455