Muktinath Jeep Tour in Nepal is one of the most popular trips in Nepal for all types of travelers: nature, culture, and pilgrimage yatra lovers around the world. It is regarded as a must-visit pilgrimage destination once in your lifetime to eliminate the sins of the Hindu and Buddhist devotees.
The Muktinath temple is located at 3800 meters altitude, in the Lower Mustang region of Nepal. It lies just beyond the Annapurna Himalayas. The arid landscape, amazing Kali Gandaki River valley, sacred feelings, and breathtaking Himalayan sceneries make the Jeep Tour to Muktinath exclusively incredible.
However, there are some precautions that you should know beforehand about packing the things, food, accommodation, and high altitude sickness while preparing for the Jomsom Muktinath Jeep Tour.
Equipment List for the Jomsom Muktinath Jeep Tour: What to Pack?
- Down Jacket
- Walking poles (it is not compulsory, but if you want to walk around, it will be useful)
- Water bottle with purification tablets
- Hand wash liquids
- Lip Guard
- Sun block cream
- Toiletry kit.
- Head torch
- Trekking boots, light shoes, and sandals.
Medicines and First Aid Kits
The Nepal Kameleon Holidays guide will carry the first aid kit, but medicines for your personal use that need a special recommendation from a doctor should be carried by yourselves.
- Headache and fever medicine.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Burnt cream.
- Immodium or Peptobismol capsules for upset stomach and diarrhea.
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide). the previous discussion is needed.
- Blister treatments such as mole skin, hand plastsband-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.
- Passport and extra passport photos.
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money, and passport.
- Chocolates and energy bars
Do I need to be alert for High Altitude Sickness?
Yes. The Muktinath Temple is located at 3800 meters altitude. However, you should not be worried about it, but only be aware of it. You will get the symptoms of high altitude sickness as dizzying, vomiting, insomnia, dehydration, and many more. You need to know that, having hot soup, drinking tea or coffee, raw garlic, and other ways will keep you safe from altitude sickness.
About Food and Accommodation in Muktinath Jeep Tour
Food items are available-typical Nepali, Indian, and continental as it is a tourist destination. There are local lodges and good hotels for accommodation. It is not necessary to carry your sleeping bag. However, if you want, take it.