Muktinath temple, located at 3700 meters altitude is be accessed by a wonderful experience cable car in a few years. It is connecting Pokhara-Nayapul to the Mustang region, above the greeneries of the Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP), various historical destinations of the Myagdi district, and takes you through the magnificent Himalayan terrain of the Mustang region.
Every year, more than a million devotees have been traveling to Muktinath to pay homage, exciting tours, and trek despite the adventurous countryside road and lack of physical infrastructure. It is estimated that after the cable car system will be built, more than 3 million travelers will visit the Muktinath area every year. It becomes far more comfortable to travel and explore the entire region through the eagle-eye view.
Muktinath Cable Car connects the Annapurna region with the Mustang region with a splendid trip. The tour begins from Nayapul (Birethanti- 1012 meters) to Muktinath (3700 meters). The last point of the cable car in Mustang is the 6th highest station of the cable cars in the world.
According to the project, 8 types of towers will be built and there will be a total of 320 towers. The total journey of about 86 km will take about 7 hours, but in total, you should estimate about 9 hours to complete the round trip. There will be 42 Gondolas and each can carry 10 passengers.
The cable car project touches 3 districts of Gandaki province and 5 rural municipalities. They include Modi Rural Municipality of Parbat district, Annapurna Rural Municipality of Myagdi district, Thasang, Tharapchung, and Baragung Rural Municipality of Mustang district.
Muktinath Cable Car Tour/Yatra Route Map-Places-Distance-Highlights
- Pokhara to Nayapul- 43.4km (1.15 hours by car/bus)
- Nayapul Birethanti-Ghorepani 13.3km (Ghorepani is renowned for trekking)
- Ghorepani to Tatopani- 12.7km (Tatopani is renowned for its natural hot spring)
- Tatopani to Lete 16.5km (Lete and Kobang have giant apple orchards)
- Lete to Marpha- 21 km (Marpha is known for Marpha Brandi and an ancient settlement with monasteries)
- Marpha to Jomsom- 7 km (Jomsom is the district center of Mustang)
- Jomsom to Kagbeni- 10 km (Kagbeni is a holy place and a gateway to Upper Mustang- Lomanthang)
- Kagbeni to Muktinath- 10 km (the holiest site of Muktinath is the ultimate destination of pilgrimage seekers)
Major stations of Muktinath cable car
Nayapul (Birethanti), Tikhedhunga, Ghorepani, Sikha, Pakhrebagar, Tatopani, Kabhre, Ghasa, Lete, Kobang, Chokhopani, Marpha, jomsom, Kagbeni, Muktinath
Nepal Kameleon Holidays operate Muktinath Tour Packages according to your preferred form of transportation (jeep, bus, and helicopter) in your schedule. If you are looking forward to contacting the best tour operator, please feel free to contact us via:
WhatsApp/Phone/Viber: +977 9851159455