The pleasant Nagarkot Namobuddha Balthali Hike combines sweet destinations to trek near the Kathmandu valley. Nepal Kameleon Holidays offer this exciting trip on the lap of the nature. The features of this hiking are that it is a lower altitude journey and ideal for the family trips. It is a fabulous excursion who has limited time and wants to make a soft hiking along with explore the snowy white peaks.
With a drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu, Hike to Nagarkot Namobuddha and Balthali begins. It is a fabulous destination for the hangout day trip to avoid the pollution and the bustling town of Kathmandu. Water-fun is the popular activity. Then we enter the National Park area and walk to Chisapani. Heading through the ethnic community, we reach to the popular tourist hill- Nagarkot. Enjoying the sunrise and sunset views over the snowy peaks, trek to Dhulikhel. A lovely town of Dhulikhel is also a historical town. Walking through the pleasant hillside trail, you visit the Namobuddha monastery. During the hike to the Balthali village, you have an opportunity to explore the ethnic community and walk on the exciting countryside trail. The cultural aspects of the trek include Namobuddha Monastery and Tamang ethnic culture of Chisapani, Nagarkot and Balthali village.
Nagarkot Namobuddha Balthali hiking itinerary can be customized. If you love to hike with your family and looking for a soft trip, Nepal Kameleon Holidays recommend you this hiking. Please, contact us for more details.
- An ideal hike for the family
- The tourist hill side of Nagarkot and the Himalayan views
- The Namobuddha Monastery and the hill ridge
- Balthali, an exciting countryside destination
- Ethnic Tamang cultural exploration
- Day 01: Drive to Sundarijal, hike to Chisapani.
- Day 02: Hike from Chisapani to Nagarkot.
- Day 03: Hike from Nagarkot to Dhulikhel.
- Day 04: Hike from Dhulikhel to Balthali village via Namobuddha.
- Day 05: Hike around the village and hiketo Khopasi, drive back to Kathmandu.
- Public transportation to the hiking gateway
- Experienced guide
- Guide's food, salary and transportation
- Kathmandu-Sundarijal drive
- Shivapuri National Park entry
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Hotel/lodge accommodation
- Nagarkot-Dhulikhel drive
- Panauti to Kathmandu drive
- Mineral water, chocolates and energy bars
- Any alcoholic drinks
- Private expenses
- Tips for the guide
- Day 01Drive to Sundarijal, hike to Chisapani.After breakfast at the hotel, we drive to Sundarijal. It takes about 1 hour and we begin the hike through the watershed area of the Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park. The trail is gradual uphill and passes the Mulkharka to Chisapani village. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 02Hike from Chisapani to Nagarkot.Exploring the terraced hillside villages, we commence the excursion. Nagarkot is a popular hillside to explore the sunrise and sunset views over the Everest, Langtang and Gaurishanker Himalayan range. Today, we enjoy the sunset view. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03Hike from Nagarkot to Dhulikhel.Enjoying the sunrise view over the snowy peaks, we begin the hike to Dhulikhel. The trail is gradual down and we walk through the woods and terraced hillside. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 04Hike from Dhulikhel to Balthali village via Namobuddha.From Dhulikhel, we begin the hike to Namobuddha. It is located at the hill ridge, decorated by the fluttering prayer flags on its surrounding. The trail is awesome and all the way to Namobuddha, we can enjoy the villages on the hill and mountains on the horizon. Once we begin to walk from the Namobuddha monastery, the trail is isolated. We walk through the woods and descend to the Roshi Khola. Then we climb up to the Tamang village and walking ahead, we can see the Balthali village and a resort at the hill top. Overnight at resort.
- Day 05Hike around the village and hiketo Khopasi, drive back to Kathmandu. With the pleasing breakfast, we hike around the village, hike down to Roshi Khola and again to Balthali village. Then we take a different route and trek to Khopasi, where we visit the small hydropower project. We can hike further to Panauti and explore the old Newari town. Then we take a drive to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.