The Everest region of Nepal is dominated by hundreds of Himalayan peak, including 8000 meter peaks and trekking peaks. Island Peak Climbing with Everest base camp trek is the most popular trip to enjoy an adventure trek and wonderful peak climbing in Nepal. Island peak (6189 meters) rises from the boulder of Mt. Lhotse. The peak is locally known as Imja Tse. The moderate climbing peak offers the enlivening sceneries of the white peaks that are incredibly stunning, that include Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Makalu and the surroundings. Climbing the Island peak will be further supported to acclimatize by the trek to Everest base camp and the Sherpa cultural experience further motivates you to be blessed by the Lord of the Himalayas. Feel the adventure with the most popular Island peak climbing with EBC trek organized by Nepal Kameleon Holidays. Please, let us know if you want to customize the walking days and itinerary.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu (1350 meters) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing and trip preparation.
- Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2800 meters), walk to Phakding (2640 meters).
- Day 04: Walk from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 meters).
- Day 05: Day for exploring and acclimatization.
- Day 06: Walk from Namche Bazaar to Tengbuche (3870 meters).
- Day 07: Walk from Tengbuche to Dingbuche (4360 meters).
- Day 08: Walk for exploring and acclimatization.
- Day 09: Walk from Dingbuche to Lobuche (4940 meters).
- Day 10: Walk from Lobuche-Gorakshep (5170 meters) - hike to Everest base camp (5364 meters) and descend to Gorakshep. 10 hrs
- Day 11: Hike to Kalapatthar (5550 meters), Walk down to Gorakshep and to Lobuche. 10 hrs
- Day 12: Walk from Lobuche to Dingbuche to Chhukung (4730 meters). 7 hrs
- Day 13: Walk from Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp (5200 meters). 6 hrs
- Day 14: Climb the Island Peak (6189 meters), return to Base Camp (5600 meters). 10 hrs
- Day 15: Walk from Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche (3985 meters). 5-6 hrs
- Day 16: Walk from Pangboche to Namche Bazaar. 6 hrs
- Day 17: Walk from Namche Bazaar to Lukla. 7 hrs
- Day 18: Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Day 19: Bhaktapur and Patan sightseeing, farewell dinner.
- Day 20: Departure.
The weather changes in a short span of time in the Himalayas. Nepal Kameleon Holidays suggest you to arrange some more extra days for the reserve. It can be also used for the various day tours in Kathmandu.
- Day 01Arrival at Kathmandu (1350 meters) and transfer to hotel. Namaste and welcome to Nepal. At your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Nepal Kameleon Holidays' representative receives you and transfer to the hotel. After a short refreshment, we briefly explain you about the sightseeing trip and the preparation of the trek. Overnight at hotel. (A)
- Day 02Kathmandu sightseeing and trip preparation.
- Day 03Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2800 meters), walk to Phakding (2640 meters).From Kathmandu, we drive to the domestic airport and take an early morning flight to Lukla. The dramatic peaks of the Everest region expose themselves with the extremely alluring smile. Meeting the rest crew in Lukla, we have a breakfast. It is about 3 hours to walk further through the pretty easier trail, not too tiring. We pass some potato fields and down there, we can hear the sound of the Dudh Koshi River. Our destination for today is Phakding. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 04Walk from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 meters). Having breakfast, on the second day of the trek to Everest base camp, we commence through the mixed up trail. We cross numerous swaying steel bridges and officially enter into the Sagarmatha National Park. The steep climb up trail leads us through the forest and relying on the persistent physical effort, we reach to the horseshoe shaped Namche Bazaar. The dramatic first sight of the Everest can be enjoyed while climbing up. It is the place for exploration and acclimatization, where we can find local markets, restaurants, internet service. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 05Day for exploring and acclimatization. On the acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar, set out for the day hiking after breakfast. We walk higher, exploring the Sherpa cultural heritages, lifestyles and the surroundings of the traditional villages. It takes about 6 hours heading around the locality that keeps our body acclimatized. Acclimatization is unavoidable to walk above 3000 meters and Namche Bazaar is already at 3440 meters. Then we come back and rest. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 06Walk from Namche Bazaar to Tengbuche (3870 meters).We accelerate from Namche and climbing up for half an hour, we find the gentle trail. Walking 1.5 hours more, we reach to Kyangjuma, exploring the flora and fauna. Himalayan Thar and Musk Deer are mostly found on the route. Our trail is highly dominated by the rhododendron forest and we trek down towards the Riverside at Phunki Tenga. Having a lunch break, we commence the walk through up and down trail to Tengbuche, located beneath the Ama Dablam peak. Tengbuche monastery is the spiritual center of the Tibetan Buddhists, which is a place where the Mani Rimdu festival helds. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 07Walk from Tengbuche to Dingbuche (4360 meters).The morning prayer bell makes us awake. Every day, they perform this ritual. The nunnery and life in the monastery are wonderful to explore. After breakfast, we begin to trek higher with the mind-blowing sceneries of Ama Dablam and the surrounding panoramas. We walk gradually to the stream and climb up from the next side of the Pangbuche village for half an hour, where the oldest monastery of the Everest region lies. Exploring the monastery, we walk further to Syomare and have lunch there. After lunch, we trek further about 2 hours and rest at Dingbuche. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 08Walk for exploring and acclimatization.Again, we set off for the day hiking around Dingbuche, which is a stone walled alpine village. Among some options for acclimatization, we can choose either hiking to Chhukung or to the Nagesthan hill, but the latter one goes over 5000 meters. About 5 hrs excursion helps us to ascend higher on the following days. The surrounding of Dingbuche is surrounded by the barley, wheat and potato fields. Back to Dingbuche and rest. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 09Walk from Dingbuche to Lobuche (4940 meters).After breakfast, we climb up through the steep trail dominated by the glacial moraine. After we reach to the Stupa, we can do a gentle walk. Mt. Makalu and Everest Himalayan chain can be explored. Thukla is in 2.5 hrs walking distance. Having lunch, we climb for another hour to the hill ridge, where we can see the memorials of people who passed away in Everest expeditions. Then we walk through the gentle trail to Lobuche. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 10Walk from Lobuche-Gorakshep (5170 meters) - hike to Everest base camp (5364 meters) and descend to Gorakshep. 10 hrsThe trek commences after breakfast. We walk through the next side of Khumbu glacier. It is a steep climb about an hour to the ridge through the rock faced trail. Crossing the Lobuche Pass, we reach to Gorakshep. We rest a while and leaving the stuffs at the guesthouse, we hike to the Everest base camp. Mt. Pumori and Nuptse welcome us with their fabulous smile. En route, we the impressive presence of gigantic Mt. Everest, the roof of the world and Khumbu Icefall loom before us. During the climbing seasons, the climbers set camps and the surrounding becomes much delighting. Then we retrace to the Gorakshep and rest. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 11Hike to Kalapatthar (5550 meters), Walk down to Gorakshep and to Lobuche. 10 hrs Early morning, we get up and begin to climb to the Kalapatthar. It is the most altitude point of this trek and the best viewpoint of the Everest region peaks. Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Lobuche East, Pumori and the towering peaks on their surroundings appear with their golden summits due to the sunrise. Arresting this awesome moment with snaps, hike down to Gorakshep and have breakfast. Then we trek down to Pheriche gradually and rest. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 12Walk from Lobuche to Dingbuche to Chhukung (4730 meters). 7 hrs
- Day 13Walk from Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp (5200 meters). 6 hrs
- Day 14Climb the Island Peak (6189 meters), return to Base Camp (5600 meters). 10 hrs
- Day 15Walk from Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche (3985 meters). 5-6 hrs
- Day 16Walk from Pangboche to Namche Bazaar. 6 hrs
- Day 17Walk from Namche Bazaar to Lukla. 7 hrsThis is the last walking day. We begin to climb down to Phakding, cross the suspension bridge and continue gradually to Lukla. The last moment, we celebrate with the crew and stay relaxed. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 18Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu.We fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu, enjoying the mountain views we explored during the trekking. Then transfer to the hotel. The rest day is for you to get cleaned, laundry and take a rest. Or what is necessary for you. Overnight at hotel. (B,A)
- Day 19Bhaktapur and Patan sightseeing, farewell dinner.The special morning after the tiresome trip, you set out for the sightseeing tour in Bhaktapur and Patan. Bhaktapur is traditionally known as Bhadgaon, which is unique and antique. Bhaktapur Durbar Square is a place to explore rich mediaeval heritages, including pagoda style temples, palaces, pond, stone and wooden sculptures along with the antique collection in the museum. Patan is another site to explore. The artistic temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and as in Bhaktapur, you can see the antique collections of the mediaeval time. Then drive back to your hotel and rest. We organize a farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant. Overnight at lodge/tea house. (B,A)
- Day 20Departure. Its time to bid farewell. Representative of Nepal Kameleon Holidays drops you to the airport for your final departure. We hope to serve you time and again. (B)