Hilsa to Kailash and Mansarovar Yatra projects its diversely loaded features that include the variations in the sceneries and altitude. This is a perfectly designed Yatra, which is also popularly known as the Kailash and Mansarovar pilgrimage trip. The journey begins once you arrive in Kathmandu and the sightseeing takes place in the world heritage sites, including Pashupatinath Darshan.
Kailash and Mansarovar are highly adored destinations by the Hindu and Buddhist devotees. The magnificent peak, Mt. Kailash is a significant peak in the Hindu mythology. It is surrounded by the sacred surroundings. Mt. Kailash Kora trek is another luminous journey, which is divided into inner Kora and outer Kora. Mansarovar Lake is a superb holy destination in Tibet, which is exotically located in the arid region. In fact, Tibet is located in the Himalayan rain shadow area. Passing the picturesque villages and exploring the ancient monasteries you enjoy the epic Kailash and Mansarovar tour and trek and back to Nepal via Zangmu. Nepal Kameleon Holidays organize this cross country pilgrimage trip to Kailash and Mansarovar via Hilsa boarder with excellently organized trip. Please, feel free to contact us for more details.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu (1350 meters) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight.
- Day 04: Nepalgunj to Simikot (2990 meters), walk to Dharapori (2365 meters). 40 min flight, 6 hrs walk
- Day 05: Walk from Dharapori to Kermi (2860 meters). 5-6 hrs
- Day 06: Walk from Kermi to Yalbang (2880 meters). 5-6 hrs
- Day 07: Walk from Yalbang to Tumkot (3075 meters). 6 hrs
- Day 08: Walk from Tumkot to Yari (3665 meters). 7-8 hrs
- Day 09: Walk from Yari to Hilsa (3650 meters). 7-8 hrs
- Day 10: Hilsa to Purang (3775 meters). 5-6 hrs
- Day 11: Walk from Purang to Montser (4450 meters). 4-5 hrs
- Day 12: Walk from Purang to Darchen (4560 meters).
- Day 13: Darchen to Derapuk (5820 meters). 7-8 hrs
- Day 14: Walk from Derapuk to Dolma La (5650 meters) to Zuthulpuk (4790 meters). 10 hrs
- Day 15: Walk from Zuthulpuk to Mansarovar. 7 hrs
- Day 16: Manasarovar to Zangmu drive. 12 hrs
- Day 17: Zangmu to Kathmandu drive. 5 hrs
- Day 18: Departure.
- Day 01Arrival at Kathmandu (1350 meters) and transfer to hotel. Namaste and welcome to Nepal. At your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Nepal Kameleon Holidays' representative receives and transfers you to the hotel. After a short refreshment, we briefly explain you about the sightseeing trip and the preparation of the trek. Overnight at hotel. (A)
- Day 02Kathmandu sightseeing and trek preparation.
- Day 03Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight. Today we fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, which is located in the border region of India in the western Nepal. We enjoy the rest of the day visiting the local market area and do the local sightseeing. Overnight at Nepalgunj. B,L,D,A
- Day 04Nepalgunj to Simikot (2990 meters), walk to Dharapori (2365 meters). 40 min flight, 6 hrs walkFrom Nepalgunj, we take a short flight to the tiny airstrip of Simikot. It is one of the isolated districts of Nepal. The spectacular peaks of the far western Nepal can be explored during the flight. The landscape and few populated barren hills displays how struggling is the life in Karnali zone. But their culture and social unity is brilliant. Once we reach to Simikot of Humla, we begin to walk to Dharapori, that takes about 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Dharapori. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 05Walk from Dharapori to Kermi (2860 meters). 5-6 hrsAfter the breakfast at Dharapori, we begin to walk to Kermi that goes through the Karnali River bank. The hidden valleys are highly productive areas in this region. As your trip is led by Nepal Kameleon Holidays, you can explore the same, changing color of the landscape with various crops. This remote countryside is highly rewarding by the natural attractions and suitable for the Photography trek. Passing those incredible sceneries, reach to Kermi that takes about 6 hours. Taking a natural hot spring bath, you can also visit the nearby monastery. Overnight at Kermi. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 06Walk from Kermi to Yalbang (2880 meters). 5-6 hrsIt’s time to leave Kermi. We take a gradual walk on the easy and flat trail. It also includes one section with a gradual uphill trail. We are marching our pilgrimage Yatra to the higher altitude, which may slower our walk. During the trek, we get the magnificent view of the picturesque Karnali River valley. Taking a side trip to the Namkha Khyung Dzong, finally we reach to Yalbang. Overnight at Yalbang. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 07Walk from Yalbang to Tumkot (3075 meters). 6 hrsWe commence our journey from the green flat region of the coniferous forest. The changing landscape is just like the Kameleon that changes color according to the situation. Passing the tree line, we reach to the barren hill, which is dominated by the rocks. Once we reach to Tumkot, we visit the monastery and take a rest. Overnight at Tumkot. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 08Walk from Tumkot to Yari (3665 meters). 7-8 hrsWe commence our journey from Tumkot, which is tiresome excursion to understand. We walk through the high altitude region experiencing the tough journey that is changing than the lower altitude walk. The scenario changes with the variations in geography. Though the challenge is increasing, the spiritual feelings develop more and more and the enlightening walk leads us to Yari after a long walk. Overnight at Yari. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 09Walk from Yari to Hilsa (3650 meters). 7-8 hrsHurray. Today, we will reach to the Tibetan border of Nepal today. Hilsa is what it's named. To reach Hilsa, we cross some of the high passes, including the Nara La Pass (4620 meters). Descending straight from the pass, we ultimately reach to the Hilsa border, capturing the breathtaking sceneries of the Nepal and Tibet side. Overnight at Hilsa. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 10Hilsa to Purang (3775 meters). 5-6 hrsFrom the Hilsa border of Nepal to Tibet, we enter to the Tibetan terrain after crossing the bridge at the borderland. There will be the guide from Tibetan side who will lead us to Purang, where we can explore the monasteries. This is a different experience to walk in this high altitude land. Overnight at Purang.
- Day 11Walk from Purang to Montser (4450 meters). 4-5 hrsToday, we commence our journey from Purang and on the way, we pass the beautiful Lakes, named Rakshas and Mansarovar. Then we reach Monteser and take a tour to Tirthapuri, which is located ins the north-west direction of the dazzling peak of Mt. Kailash. We can take a natural hot bath. It is believed that it connects us with Guru Padmasambhawa. Overnight at Montser. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 12Walk from Purang to Darchen (4560 meters).Good morning Purang. After breakfast, we take a half day sightseeing at the Garuda valley. People love to explore the mysterious caves in this valley. It is a spiritual destination. Then we walk to Darchen as our destination. It is also the gateway of 3 days parikrama trip, that will take place on the following day. Overnight at Darchen. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 13Darchen to Derapuk (5820 meters). 7-8 hrsWelcome to the spiritual circle trip at the base of Mt. Kailash. First we drive to Darchen and prepare to encircle the holy Kailash peak. It is known as Parikrama in Nepali. This is a long excursion today. Getting the good-vibe energies and a motivation from the King Kong of the Himalayas, we gradually walk to Derapuk and take a rest. Overnight at Derapuk. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 14Walk from Derapuk to Dolma La (5650 meters) to Zuthulpuk (4790 meters). 10 hrsAnother long walking day on this trip. The second day walk begins from Derapuk and ascends continually to the Dolama La Pass (5650 meters). It is really adventurous that will be tested on your spiritual endurance and your level of devotion calculating the success rate. After we cross the pass, we take a gradual walk down to the Zuthulpuk. It is really tiresome journey. Overnight at Zuthulpuk. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 15Walk from Zuthulpuk to Mansarovar. 7 hrsThis is the final Parikrama day and we begin our walk from Zuthulpuk to the sacred Mansarovar Lake. It is a mixed trip of walking and driving. We walk to Darchen and catch our jeep/or other vehicle to drive back to the Mansarovar Lake. We feel blessed by Lord Shiva, the revitalizing trek offer that divine experiences stimulate us and arresting those awesome memories, we drive back to the holy Mansarovar Lake and take a rest. Overnight at Mansarovar. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 16Manasarovar to Zangmu drive. 12 hrsToday, we have really a long driving day. From Mansarovar, we drive directly to the Tibetan border to Nepal- Zangmu. The driving is really a journey from highland to lowland, from barren land to the green hill range and isolated to the densely populated place. Overnight at Zangmu. (B,L,D,A)
- Day 17Zangmu to Kathmandu drive. 5 hrsExit from the Tibetan border, we enter into the charming territory of Nepal. We take a drive to Kathmandu, which is about 5 hours in total and transfer to the hotel. Nepal Kameleon Holidays feel great to organize the trip. Your exclusively wonderful Yatra from Hilsa to Mt. Kailash and Mansarovar conclude in Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Note: On your suitable itinerary, we can arrange 1 more day tour in the Kathmandu. This is more relaxing and also let you be closer with the cultural aspects in the Kathmandu valley.
- Day 18Departure. Its time to bid farewell. Representative of Nepal Kameleon Holidays drops you to the airport for your final departure. We hope to serve you time and again. (B)